William W. Plummer

Default grout for shower stall

LBaker wrote:
"jeffc" wrote in message
.com...
=20
"LBaker" wrote in message

Premixed grout is junk. It might be ok for some small repairs but NEVE=

use

it in wet areas and expect it to hold up.

Premixed grout is FOR wet areas. Use your head man. We're not talking=

about it "holding up". It failed immediately. There was something wro=

ng,
and it wasn't that he used premixed grout.

=20
=20
Look, I don't know your experience, but I've been a tile setter for 25
years. Premixed grout is nothing more than a colored organic mastic. An=

ceramic mastic will re-emulsify when exposed to constant moisture. If y=

ou
don't want to beleive me, will you trust Custom Building Products.
=20
Pre-Mixed Tile Grout is a non-sanded white grout used to
repair grout joints up to 1/8" (3 mm).
USES
For repairing narrow grout joints up to 1/8" (3 mm).
LIMITATIONS
For dry areas only. For wet areas, use White Dry Tile Grout or
Polyblend=AE Non-Sanded Grout.
SURFACE PREPARATION
Remove a minimum of 1/16" (1.6 mm) of existing grout.
=20
=20
=20

I used expoxy grout for the shower I built. It is expensive and hard=20
to use, but it does not fail and does not mildew.