PrecisionMachinisT

Default Does cooling require more BTU/hr than heating to maintain same temp difference?

"Richard J Kinch" wrote in message
. ..
AC/DCdude17 writes:

How come my A/C struggles to maintain 25øF difference running
continuously whereas my heater can maintain 40øF+ difference without
running continuously even though they both have the same BTU

performance?

Heat load is more than just temperature difference.

Only sorta slightly related, but Im running a water source heat pump,
cooling house and heating swimming pool concurrently......

Water flow rate is ~7 gpm, incoming water is at 84 deg F, outgoing at 96 deg
F--so I'm figuring it's moving roughly 40,320 btu of heat--this is a 3-1/2
ton unit.......

Anyone care to double check my numbers or have any questions / comments ???

--

SVL