Dan

Default finding buyer's agent after first look at a house

JD wrote:

"Dan" wrote in message

My concern for you is that you're spinning your wheels. If you're serious
about buying then you have to get off the stick and either find an agent or
be satisfied with listing agents. I don't know what your market is like, but
listings don't last too long around here.

The market here is mixed. Most of the houses I looked at 2 months ago
are still on the market. But not the really good listings, of course.

What kind of problem did you have with your first agent? Truth is, working
with a buyer is usually a complete pain in the ass and the conversion rate
tends to be low. That equates to a lot of time spent, growing an ulcer, and
rarely getting paid. To have a good, successful relationship with an agent
when you're a serious shopper here's what you need to do:

That is very interesting stuff. I did not realize that the conversion
rate is so low, actually. I appreciate your commentary on the matter.
I try very hard to be totally upfront and respectful of others' time in
all of my professional dealings, because 1) it's an important habit in
my (every?) line of work, and 2) it's just the right thing to do. Your
comments will help me in that. I did everything you said except (1)
because I don't have a specific timeline. But, our issues were not
speed. If you really are interested we can discuss what they were
offline - we parted company on polite terms so I'd rather not speak ill
of her even psuedo anonymously in public.

Taking a stack of cards to open houses is something I had not thought of
before, thanks. I did not go to any open houses on my own while working
with ex-agent, but it could happen next time.

If you let an agent know your true intentions and show some respect for
their time and prove your loyalty, they will return that loyalty in spades

absolutely. this is the way to treat anyone you work with. loyalty
begets loyalty.