Dan

Default finding buyer's agent after first look at a house

JD, thanks for your response.

JD wrote:
First, if the home is listed, you do not contact the seller directly.

Right. Some of them are FSBO which was what I meant by maybe contacting
seller, but thanks for pointing that out (if I hadn't known that would
have been important).

If you have the listing agent show you a home and do not tell them
beforehand that you have an agent, they then become the procuring cause of
sale should you buy the house.

Thanks! That was what I needed to know. I don't want to jerk anyone
around, and I don't want to inadvertantly violate a rule of the system.

Selecting an agent to work with is not rocket science. Get some referrals,
visit a few offices, make some calls. Pick one and move on or just go ahead
and work with listing agents. Whatever you do, stop playing games. If you
don't have time to find an agent you don't have time to look at houses.

Well my previous buyer's agent just didn't work out - after that I am
not anxious to make a quick decision for my next one. I want to at
least spend some time talking face to face with candidates. But, I
can't take time off from work right now to do that.

I'm definitely not _trying_ to play any games, which is why I asked.
Perhaps my phrasing or choice of words made it sounds like I'm trying to
get away with something underhanded, but that isn't my intent at all.
Actually, I'm still not really clear on what game I'm playing anyway.

Thanks for your input.