Default Pella vs Andersen Windows and installation

On 23 Jul 2004 06:25:24 -0700, (Mark Slone) wrote:

Don't let this nice post from Pella fool you into thinking they
offer great service. I've emailed them twice with a description
of my problem (with 1 of the 26 Pellas I had built into my
new house in 1997) and they never replied. I couldn't even
get the local Pella store people out to look at the window.

As for Pella vs Andersen, I had narrowed my choices down to
those two and one other, and I wish I'd gone with the Andersen.
Not just the lack of service, but because the aluminum clad
Pellas tend to show scratches and I think the vinyl clad
Andersens would age better. In my area the Andersen windows
are slightly more expensive but probably worth it.

When/if I ever need to put new windows in, I'll be going with Marvin.