J Jensen

Default more fun with air conditioning

"~KJPRO~" KJPRO @ STARBAND.NET wrote in message ...
"J Jensen" wrote in message
om...

7. It isn't worthwhile to check on the amount of Freon (or whatever) that

is
in the system -- all that matters is measuring the temperature of the
cold air coming out (say 62 F) and the outside temperature or maybe the
attic temperature.
--Jeff

This has to be some of the purist BS I have read lately.

~kjpro~

This was what an a/c technician told me when I called him out to the
house
with the specific request to check if any Freon had leaked out of the
system over the years, or if it was still operating at 100%. He would
not do it,
although he did check some other things. On the bright side, he did
encourage
me to sign up for yearly maintenance by his company...
--Jeff