xrongor

Default electric moron here

go down to the library and get the time life book on home wiring and read
it. not just enough to fix what you got, but the whole book. take you an
hour and youll learn tons. and you will no longer be an electricity moron.

randy

"Larry" wrote in message
I have an old house.
I am trying to put in an electric socket where one existed before.
It has a white wire, black wire and one with no insulation.
The only combination of wires that light the light on my tester, is the
black wire and the one without insulation. This does not seem right to me,
but like I said, I am a moron when it comes to electricity!
Is this outlet unusable?
If so, what is the proper way to hook it up.
TIA