NSN

Default Unusual NiCad Question

I have ordered two 9.6 volt battery packs for my Craftsman waterproof
submersible scrubber. (Great item .. I use it to keep the waterline
of my pool clean).

The battery packs should be here next week and it looks as if I will
not be using them until next summer.

I am sure that they will arrive in a virgin state, uncharged, with
instructions to charge initially for 12 hours.

Question: Should I let them sit as is until next summer or should I
charge them up and then recharge every two months. I have many items
that use NiCads and I routinely charge them every two months to keep
them from deteriorating when not in use for long time periods.

All suggestions appreciated.

Norm