J Jensen

Default more fun with air conditioning

The Ghost In The Machine wrote in message ...
[snip]
Of course, lucky me: I'm on a second floor condo and the only
slab is the floor. As it is, I suspect the slab doesn't get
all that hot anyway; it is, after all, sitting on the ground,
which after one goes a certain depth is a nice, constant
temperature. (However, there are a number of issues here, too,
such as crawl space.)

That is about what I thought -- the slab really doesn't change
temerature appreciably unless you really made the house really cold and held it
that way for a long time, which would cetainly not be saving electricity!
And if the a/c kicks on at the same time in the morning with or without
"cooling" the slab all night, then the rest of the day it is going to run
just the same as always.

2b. If the temperature inside the house reaches 78 F at 10 AM on both
days with the a/c set colder the previous night, and also when it
was just set normally the previous night, then that proves
setting it colder made no difference.

[snip]
--Jeff