xrongor

Default Is this a code violation?

"Pop Rivet" wrote in message
Hi,

I'll try to keep it brief. In my workshop, I have a problem
with managing my table saw and vacuum. If I plug them into
the same ckt (120V 30A breaker), they will run, as long as
there is no voltage dip or heavy load situations. That
means the occasional and always at the worst of time breaker
popping open.
As a remedy I simply switched the vacuum to another
line - when I wired the shop I put two ckts wherever any
machinery might be plugged in. That works great, but(t) ...
It means the hassle of turning on the vacuum, and then the
table saw, and opposite to shut down. A pain unless I want
to let the vacwm run nonstop.

you 'could' implement a wireless setup putting a switch for the vaccum power
at each machine with the receiver on the vaccum outlet. the more machines
you have the more sense this would make. in any case it doesnt require any
rewiring, just money.

not that this is the exact one you want to use, but its the first yahoo
search result as an example.
http://www.lightningswitch.com/More.htm

randy