RB

Default 3 way switch disaster (long but interesting)

Sorry, I didn't want it to get too confusing...

Before I intervened, the kitchen light worked from another switch. Now, in
order to turn the kitchen light on, the set of switchs have to be on and
then the real switch for the kitchen light will work.

"toller" wrote in message
Where does the kitchen light fit into it? Before you intervened, did it

go
on and off with the other two lights? You only mentioned a pair of 3way
switchs, did the kitchen light have a different switch?

Also, identify for sure where the blacks on cable 2 and 3 go; that is

simply
a matter of connecting them one at a time and seeing what lights work.