Dave Plowman

Default Bosch battery charger (for a drill)

In article ,
Matthew Ames wrote:
The problem apparently is that the charger does not charge batteries.
The battery appears to have about 15vdc (marked as 24v 1.2Ah). I have
popped the covered off the charger, and there is about 35vdc across the
charging terminals.

However when I attach the battery, the voltage drops to about 15vdc - as
if the charge has no current supply.

A Ni-Cad charger - assuming a non intelligent one - will (or should) be
constant current, so the voltage will vary a lot according to the
condition of the battery and what the charge rate is set at (hours). So
you really need to measure the current going into the battery, and know
how long it's meant to take to charge. A simple overnight charger would
deliver *about* 200 milliamps.

--
*Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn