Default Efficient use of Air conditioner

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

wrote in message
The best use of a house A/C is to use it with a fan. Nobody
believes me when I say that I cool my house with a 5000 BTU
A/C and two fans.

Add me to the list.

Ah, well. :-)

.. Unless you have a very small house and moderate
climate, that small of a unit will do very little.

I think most people would consider the house small. However,
I also know about arranging tree shade, insulation, and do not
need the house to be 65 degrees for comfort. 65 is too cold.
If I can get the house cooled down below 70 at night, I don't need
the A/C to be on at all. I simply shut the windows to keep the
heat out and run a fan for circulation. The house doesn't
get hot until ~17:00. By then it's usually cool enough outside
to cool the house.

...I agree a fan can help
immensely with air circulation, you still need a certain amount of

capacity
to move a given heat load.

Nah. All you have to do is move the hot air into the room that
has the A/C. Voila! Cool house. It helps for that room to have
two doors going into two rooms that eventually connect with each
other. The rooms aren't configured like spokes in a wheel without
a rim.

If you have a two room cabin, OK, if you have a 2,000 sq. ft. Colonial,

you
are full of BS.

The only thing you have to do is cool the one room, then move the cooled
air out and the warmer air in.

/BAH

Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.