Marilyn and Bob

Default Replacing Bathroom Ceiling Exhaust Fans...

But the most important function of the exhaust fan is to remove excess
moisture from the air due to showers, etc., thus inhibiting the growth of
mold and mildew. A toilet based device will not accomplish that. You need
the fan in any case.
--
Peace,
BobJ

"Howard Moss" wrote in message
I agree with this idea -- tap a vacuum line into the seat not the

porcelain,
easy-to-crack toilet. "They" make snap-on bidet connections, it might be
easy to replace that swing arm with a vacuum connection. But, uh, where's
the vacuum coming from?

On the Beano track, we used to try and hide our Dorm room party-odors with
various room fresheners. Ozium used to work real well. One drop on a light
bulb and it worked pretty well.

Also, on a GI level, consider that rectal gas is merely the leftover from

chemical reaction occuring in your stomach. You could try to adjust your
stomach "flora and fauna" to tip the balance of the equation. Something's
not breaking down "gracefully" and that's what your smelling...

Howard "amateur gas-producer"

"Banister Stairwell" wrote in message
"Bill" wrote in message
I appreciate all your responses! I wonder if anyone has experimented
with a "vacuum toilet" that actually traps the farts before they
escape the bowl? Wonder if I could take a standard toilet and tap a
vacuum line into it to efficiently remove foul smelling odors?

Interesting thought. I'm sure it could be done, but I would think a

toilet
*seat* with this capability would work about as well. One of the

advantages
would be that it could be installed on an existing commode.