Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default An electronic question.

On 15/06/2021 10:35, Peter Able wrote:
Assuming that Fredxx has the right link, I think that you should take
it with a little pinch of salt.Â* An article originated 2000, referring
to a 50+ year old Op Amp design (great advance though it was) is the
first hint.

More than a hint, since transistorss weren't invented then let alone opanps

From what I can read I can't see any reference to 50+ years and the
article was revamped in 2021.

BTW, the Transistor was invented in 1947.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_transistor

It's perhaps ironic they were trying to fabricate a J-FET and that
Julius Lilienfeld is credited with the first patent on the FET in 1925.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julius_Edgar_Lilienfeld

Concerns about supply impedance at audio frequencies is another.
If the guy was writing about designing with Dynamic Memory, then he'd
be closer to the mark.Â* A bit OTT for audio.

Incidentally, you attack power supply noise at the power supply.Â* I
wonder if the last components in your proposed PSU are - electrolytic
and / or other capacitors across the outputs.

But you attck nouse ON the power supply wherever its being generated

At least he isn't trying to argue that no semiconductor device will
beat a 12AX7 ;

In 1950, he would be correct

I'm sure some transistors in Bell Labs in 1950 would have some
characteristic that would beat a 12AX7. Size might be one, though the
first ones had a hefty package.

Hell, the 12AX7 was only 'invented' in 1946.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12AX7