Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Trew Michael Trew is offline

Default Truck Rental

On 6/15/2021 2:29 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
I need a pickup once in a blue moon to get some plywood and the like. I've
looked at options like Menards (19.95 for the first 75 minutes, PLUS .30/mi
mileage, but at least you don't have to fuel it) or uHaul ($19.95 "in
town" PLUS .59/mi, PLUS $1 "environmental" fee, but I'm not sure if they
charge per hour or not.)

Is anyone familiar with a truck rental place that will be at least upfront
with me about the costs? If the truck costs $50 to rent, I want to know
that, not this $19.95 plus mileage and fees deceptive advertising they all
pull.

Puckdropper

I've never rented a pickup type truck, but the only issue we had with
Uhaul was that they tried to charge us for using the strapped down dolly
and moving blankets inside the moving box truck... they weren't strapped
in place when we rented the truck. They relented and dismissed the fees.

I always keep an old pickup on hand as a spare vehicle and for instances
when it is necessary to haul. If you live anywhere near Ohio, I've got
a 1976 Chevy C10 with your name on it for $1,200 ... I'll keep my '83
F150.