Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe gwinn Joe gwinn is offline

Default Truck Rental

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:29:07 GMT, Puckdropper
wrote:

I need a pickup once in a blue moon to get some plywood and the like. I've
looked at options like Menards (19.95 for the first 75 minutes, PLUS .30/mi
mileage, but at least you don't have to fuel it) or uHaul ($19.95 "in
town" PLUS .59/mi, PLUS $1 "environmental" fee, but I'm not sure if they
charge per hour or not.)

Is anyone familiar with a truck rental place that will be at least upfront
with me about the costs? If the truck costs $50 to rent, I want to know
that, not this $19.95 plus mileage and fees deceptive advertising they all
pull.

The only time I had a problem with a rented truck (used for moving
many years ago) was with gas mileage - this truck was in serious need
of repair - it was getting maybe one tenth the normal mileage for such
a truck, so the fuel fee was a big surprise. The counter folk did not
argue with my complaint about low mileage, for all the good it did me.

Joe Gwinn