Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn Manson Marilyn Manson is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:24:09 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 06/14/2021 04:57 PM, Marilyn Manson wrote:
€œIts widely reported that up to 1 in 10 Vietnam veterans have hepatitis C €“ roughly
five times higher than the rate of the overall population.€ (Leung) A large majority
of veterans diagnosed with Hep C blame their diagnosis on jet injectors and their
unsanitary conditions from person to person.

At my recent annual physical my doctor mentioned hepatitis c was
appearing in my age group and asked if I'd ever had a transfusion, had
been exposed to blood, or had been a caregiver. She didn't memtion the Jets.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354278

"The largest group at risk includes everyone born between 1945 and 1965
€” a population five times more likely to be infected than those born in
other years."

I'm in that age group. I'm scheduled for a full blood work up as part of my annual physical,
including Hep C.

Indirectly, your doctor did include the Jet Injector: "Have you ever been exposed to blood?"

Read the "Concerns" section at the link below. Fluid Suck-Back and Retrograde Flow both
mention contamination by blood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_injector