Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Truck Rental

On 6/15/2021 1:29 AM, Puckdropper wrote:
I need a pickup once in a blue moon to get some plywood and the like. I've
looked at options like Menards (19.95 for the first 75 minutes, PLUS .30/mi
mileage, but at least you don't have to fuel it) or uHaul ($19.95 "in
town" PLUS .59/mi, PLUS $1 "environmental" fee, but I'm not sure if they
charge per hour or not.)

Is anyone familiar with a truck rental place that will be at least upfront
with me about the costs? If the truck costs $50 to rent, I want to know
that, not this $19.95 plus mileage and fees deceptive advertising they all
pull.

Puckdropper

What's not up front? UHaul charges a flat rate for the stated period
plus whatever you drive. Surely you can estimate that pretty reasonably
where you intend to go.

As for refueling, they no longer necessarily provide the rental
completely full but note on agreement what the gauge reads -- have it
that full or fuller when you return it to avoid the refueling fee.

Seems straightforward-enough to me; what else would you have them do;
measure it out for you first?