Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Harrison[_3_] Graham Harrison[_3_] is offline

Default speedy delivery

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 16:49:03 +0100, nightjar
wrote:

On 14/06/2021 16:22, Andy Burns wrote:
Ordered an impact wrench from FFX last night at 10:15pm
it said "about* to be dispatched" at 23:50, which I interpreted as
"we've printed the shipping label" as several people do.

but it's just arrived by royalmail at 4:15pm
pretty good for "free" delivery Lympne to Leicester.

I was quite impressed when, a few years ago, I ordered an HP laser
printer one day and it arrived the next - having been sent from Switzerland.

I sometimes import from Florida. The shipper offers Fedex priority or
economy. The difference is often only four or five dollars so I
usually pick priority. I order day one AM UK time (so long as I do it
by lunch UK time) and it departs the shipper later that day. It gets
to Memphis by late evening that day and departs early next morning to
Stansted where it arrives about 1900 UK time. The import dues have
been prepaid by the shipper so it goes, almost immediately from
Stansted to a Fedex depot in Ridgmont, Bedfordshire and from there to
my local depot which is in Poole, Dorset. It arrives here about
lunchtime - about 55 hours door to door. Great circle distance from
origin to here about 4350 miles (actual distance a bit more). Average
speed seems to be about 80mph.