Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default wireless light switch??

In article ,
Chris Holmes wrote:
This is wired such that there is a single gang double switch by the
door. A 1.5 T&E cable runs from there to the ceiling. Two cores are
used as live and switched live, the ”E• is used as switched live for the
Wall lights.

There is no requirement in this 1948 house for any of the lighting wiring
to have Earth cables, but it would be nice to regularise the wiring.

It certainly would. Using an EEC for other than an earth is a bodge of
the first degree. Especially since three core cable designed for the job
has been around for ever. I'd bee concerned what other bodges have been
done too.

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.