Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast

Default OT: Latering thinking puzzle "Why do more peoplre die on theirbithday than any other day?"

On 13/06/2021 14:11, NY wrote:
"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 13/06/2021 08:20, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:

What has Giles ever done to you? Actually a friend who knows him
says, he
does tend to deliberately wind people up, but is actually a kind person.

He thinks (Thought for the Day) that petitionary prayer is just
"hoping" or "wishing" which rather misses the (religious) point.

And he refused to be drawn on whether God actually exists when
questioned on Today.

Anyone who looks for proof that God exists and doesn't accept it as a
fact because other people think so gets a big thumbs-up from me.
Religion as a moral code for living together harmoniously makes a great
deal of sense to me; but then they go and spoil it by asking us to
belief in something whose existence can't be proved - and even make a
positive *virtue* out the fact that there is no proof. That goes against
my ethos of believe nothing; question everything; if observations don't
fit the theory, maybe the theory is wrong.

The key is that a Christian behaves *as if* a God existed, that is what
is called 'faith',

Those who believe that he actually does, are just a bit intellectually
challenged.

--
"First, find out who are the people you can not criticise. They are your
oppressors."