Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default wireless light switch??

Chris Holmes wrote

Hi All,

All hanged himself, got too many questions.

We currently have a room with a central light and two wall lights.

This is wired such that there is a single gang double
switch by the door. A 1.5 T&E cable runs from there
to the ceiling. Two cores are used as live and switched

live, the €œE€ is used as switched live for the Wall lights.

There is no requirement in this 1948 house for any of the lighting wiring
to have Earth cables, but it would be nice to regularise the wiring.

You wouldnt need to with the Hue system.

Having all the lights on one switch isnt an acceptable solution.

One thought that occurs would be to wire it with
€œone switch to switch them all€. And install wireless bulbs.

So that individual bulbs could be controlled when the
circuit is on. Say via a remote or a smartphone app.

And by voice with any of the voice assistants.

What I would prefer is a wired/wireless solution, whereby there
is a plate with two switched by the door and pressing either one
sends switched livdd we to the ceiling and sends a wireless signal
to either some of the bulbs, or to some electronics in the ceiling
void which decides which of the light fittings to power.

Do such systems exist?

Yes.

If so, what search term should I use?

And any recommendations?

I like the Philips Hue system. Not cheap but not so bad if
you wait for deep discounts on Amazon and you can use
any of the european amazons too, not just amazon.co.uk

Dont use amazon.com tho, for some
reason most of the bulbs arent 100-250V

The kinetic switches can be anywhere and dont use a battery
and you can have duplicate switches in more than one location
and completely automatic movement sensors too.

Very easy to set up. `