Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Remove exterior wall studs from stuccoed wall?

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Final Solution to termites is NO MORE WOODEN STUDS OR PLATES. Wood
should be banned. Instead, use galvanized sheet metal studs that come in
different gauges. Won't burn, rot or warp. Also light in weight. Tin
snips can used rather than loud heavy circular saws. Small 'tech screws'
are used as fasteners- no compressors/ nail guns

needed.

I can see you have never been on a job where they installed steel
studs. They cut them with a chop saw and it is a whole lot louder than
cutting wood.

I had a metal carport type garage built and they used the chop saw when
needed. I doubt tin snips would have cut the 'studs' or whatever they
are called in the garage. Not sure what would be louder , nail guns or
the impact drivers they used to fasten the plates together.

I don't know much about construction,but seems to me that there would
still be a lot of wood involved in homes even if metal or brick was used
wherever it could be.

No there isnt, it can be all metal.