Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop
NY[_2_] NY[_2_] is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

"charles" wrote in message
I say jabbed (or jagged) because it's a horrid thing to have done to you.
I ain't getting a piece of steel shoved into my insides. You want
something inside me, give me a tablet.

Not every thing can be in tablet form.

Exactly: if it gets destroyed by the stomach acid or doesn't get absorbed
through the stomach or small intestine, then there's no point in giving it
orally (by mouth). I have no problem with injections and can barely feel the
"sharp scratch". Giving blood (as a donor or for a blood test) is more of a
problem because my veins seem to be either very deep or very fine: sometimes
the nurse has to try a couple of times in different arms to manage to get
the tip of the needle *inside* the vein rather than into the wall - and
that's a comment on my veins, not their skill. The exception was a qualified
blood donor doctor who attempted to insert the canula for me to give my pint
(very nearly an armful) and caused me a lot of pain with her fumbling;
eventually a nurse tactfully suggested the doctor needed to attend to
another patient, and the nurse got the needle into a vein quickly and
painlessly. Put me off doctors who looked like Rosa Klebb, but not off being
a blood donor ;-)