Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Cylinder needed for system boiler fitting?

In article ,
jkn wrote:
FWIW one reason for doing this *now* is that the back boiler has
starting making 'kettling' noises when it starts up. We've fairly
recently set the controller to not put the radiators on, but I wouldn't
have thought that that would have caused any such issues? It is looking
to me that the heat exchanger is really sooted up - I actually fitted a
new thermocouple, and cleaned the jet out, a month or so ago, and it
seemed fine then. I'd quite like to fix/understand that even if we do
finally sort out a new boiler...

A back boiler type - that gets its air from the room - would need regular
cleaning IMHO. About once a year.

--
*Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.