Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_9_] Ian Jackson[_9_] is offline

Default OT: Left hand down?

In message , charles
writes
In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 18:02:19 +0100, charles
wrote:

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:
Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which
way to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in
reverse. And if I'm reversing looking over my shoulder, one hand isn't
on the wheel so the phrase makes no sense!

That was line in "The Navy Lark", a radio comedy programme from the
1950s.

Which was never meant to be taken seriously!

really?

My illusions have been completely shattered!
--
Ian