Posted to uk.rec.cycling,alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Custos Custodum Custos Custodum is offline

Default OT: Left hand down?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 17:13:04 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

Why do people say left hand down instead of left? We all know which way to turn the wheel to make the car go left, and it's the same in reverse.

Not if you're attempting a reverse turn with a trailer or caravan. I
have a story about that but I won't bore you with the details other
than to say that some of the onlookers were stunned into quiet
applause. HGV drivers? Pah! Kid's stuff!