Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Virgin media pop3 servers

One might expect that the first people to tell would be their staff on the
helpline though, would you not. After all it was who I rang and asked the
question, what in email did you change last night?

Nobody seemed to know.
Bah Humbug.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"mm0fmf" wrote in message
On 12/06/2021 11:54, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
It looks like this. No help from them on the phone so here is how I fixed
it. I go back a very long way, so have an old log in script...
For those with long memories you may recall that the flag to leave on
server
was not respected by the servers, and the work around was to add
recent: onto the start of the user name. It appears at some time
between
late Thursday night and about 9am Friday morning, they changed their
servers
log in to the standard form, and hence the recent: was seen as part of
the
username, not a flag.
So to get back onto the server you have to remove it from the servers
log
in info and then save it again. Obviously nobody y told the staff or any
customers they were doing this. I had to just try it as one of my tests,
luckily the old corporate amnesia did not affect my brain as it had
theirs.
Brian

Confused me for a moment or two Brian as I noticed some VM email accounts
not logging in. I reviewed the server settings and decided the recent:
would be the first thing to try and it was the issue.