Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default New Cylinder needed for system boiler fitting?

On 12/06/2021 19:17, Tim+ wrote:
jkn wrote:
Hi All
I am musing about finally replacing our anciente back boiler (Baxi
Bermuda, part of a Plan C system dating back ... quite a bit)

One possibility I am considering is having a system boiler fitted rather
than a combi. On question - would it be necessary/advisable to replace
the cylinder at the same time, or could this be kept?

Thanks & Regards
J^n

If your cylinder is as old as the rest of the system it will be wasting a
lot of energy in the summer (when heat leaking out isnt useful). I
personally prefer boiler/tank combinations. Combis are too €śeggs all in
one basket€ť for me. A tank with an immersion heater is very useful back-up
in case of boiler breakdown.

+1

Combis are good where space is a premium.