Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.computer.workshop
Commander Kinsey[_3_] Commander Kinsey[_3_] is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:40:28 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Draw instead of drawer with a chest of draws on facebook.
Not annoy so much as just ****ed.

Commander Kinsey wrote

Tap instead of click.

You don't click anything with a smartphone.

You might as well call it a click.

But then everyone will ask how you click with a smartphone.

So if I told you to drive to Melbourne and you didn't drive, you wouldn't have the sense to take a bus?

It's precisely the same action.

But the anals like you will howl about that.

No I wouldn't. It's always been click. Touchscreens are a new thing.

App instead of program.

Works better than prog.

They both sound stupid.

Only to the pathetically anal.

But as an Aussie you're more used to excessive
shortening of everything, like "arvo" would
never be acceptable in the UK.

Your problem, as always.

Even you dregs use bob, bill, joe etc etc etc.

Words have to be longer to be unique.

Fewer instead of less (even though more has no equivalent).

Not that pathetically anal.

The pathetic are the ones that insist on using the "correct" one.

You are just as pathetic.

********. I detest the pathetic ones. You can't say someone is pathetic for hating what pathetic people do.

Slowed up instead of slowed down
(slow is less speed, so must be down).

Not that pathetically anal.

It's a blatant contradiction!

Only for the pathetically anal.

No, it's just wrong. What if I told you to heat down your food, or cool it up in the fridge?

People who write computer programs
that say "hello world" and nothing else

Doesn't happen enough to matter anymore.

I only need to see it once to want to kill.

Because you are that pathetically anal.

You can look a geek in the eyes and not feel that desire?