Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default string trimmers - auto-line-feed

On 06/12/2021 10:27 AM, Snag wrote:
On 6/12/2021 9:20 AM, wrote:

That's because most people buy made in china walmart junk for $69.95
. I spent a little (well , a lot) more and got a Stihl and I'm happy
with it . To reload the spool I chuck it in my lathe and wind the line .
I currently have 3 sizes of line for various tasks - I don't use the
.105 extra tough to edge the lawn but it works great for clearing
briars .

https://en.stihl-qd.cn/stihl-qingdao...niversary.aspx

The STIHL factory in Qingdao, China, celebrated its 10th anniversary
on October 12, 2015. .. manufactures chain saws, trimmers, clearing
saws and hedge trimmers

John T.

The difference being that Walmart is OK with selling junk while the
Stihl operation has much tighter standards and QC .

The whole brand has went down the drain but at one time I think the
Black & Decker QA fallout wound up in Walmart and KMart.