Posted to uk.d-i-y
mm0fmf[_2_] mm0fmf[_2_] is offline

Default Virgin media pop3 servers

On 12/06/2021 11:54, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
It looks like this. No help from them on the phone so here is how I fixed
it. I go back a very long way, so have an old log in script...
For those with long memories you may recall that the flag to leave on server
was not respected by the servers, and the work around was to add
recent: onto the start of the user name. It appears at some time between
late Thursday night and about 9am Friday morning, they changed their servers
log in to the standard form, and hence the recent: was seen as part of the
username, not a flag.
So to get back onto the server you have to remove it from the servers log
in info and then save it again. Obviously nobody y told the staff or any
customers they were doing this. I had to just try it as one of my tests,
luckily the old corporate amnesia did not affect my brain as it had theirs.
Brian

Confused me for a moment or two Brian as I noticed some VM email
accounts not logging in. I reviewed the server settings and decided the
recent: would be the first thing to try and it was the issue.