Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Should we seal new wooden doors when swollen?

"Sandra Vaughan"Â* wrote in message
groupdirect.com...

Thank you, John. This information is very helpful.Â* We will be using a
penetrating oil finish. I am relieved to know that we can go ahead and
seal them without waiting for dry winter weather!Â* Our contractor
wants the indoor humidity to be below 55% for a few days before we
seal the doors. Does that sound reasonable to you?

I'm not sure that "a few days" would make a practical difference.... However, if it makes the contractor feel more confident in the process, so he stands behind his work, it wouldnt hurt.

Perhaps to acclimate to the inside humidity level.