Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default string trimmers - auto-line-feed

In article , says...

That's because most people buy made in china walmart junk for $69.95
. I spent a little (well , a lot) more and got a Stihl and I'm happy
with it . To reload the spool I chuck it in my lathe and wind the line .
I currently have 3 sizes of line for various tasks - I don't use the
.105 extra tough to edge the lawn but it works great for clearing briars .
--

I went through several of the under $ 100 trimmers before I bought one
that seems to be much better, but cost more. It would have been less

I feel cheated on the lawn mower. Did not know that JOhn Deere made
junk mowers and bought one. Good mower for a few years,but the
transaxel is the weak point and around 300 hours it gave out just like
many others on the internet groups said. Hopefully the one I bought a
few months ago will last as I could buy about 5 to 10 of the Wallmart
specials for the same price.