Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default c section bowden cable outer

On 09/06/2021 08:37, Thomas Prufer wrote:
On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:53:18 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 06/06/2021 09:45, newshound wrote:
On 06/06/2021 09:28, Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

I have a bike that has 3 lengths of exposed Bowden cable.

Id like to sheath these, but would like to avoid having to disconnect
and
reconnect the inners.

Can anyone think of a suitable (preferably black) C section thingy in
plastic / rubber / Ali that I could slip over them?

Google "split flexible conduit".

Down to 7mm diameter, eBay, £2.10 for 3 metres

Or just remove the insulation from the cores of a short length of
4 or 6 mm T&E by slitting carefully with a Stanley knife, infill
with grease then slide over/onto the exposed bits of cable.

or use

"Cable Spiral Binding" aka "Cable Tidy Wrap" aka "Spiral Wrap"

Thomas Prufer

Years ago, in the days when people drove Ford Cortinas Mk 1,
notchback anglia etc, the usual winter faff of poor starting
was 'fixed' by spraying some sort of waxy-plasticky substance
all over the plug leads and distributor cap. THis created a
reasonable water barrier. Can't remmber its name though.

Something like this might be useful for exposed sections of
brake/gear cables.