Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim...[_2_] tim...[_2_] is offline

Default FreeSat.

"Richard" wrote in message
On 12/06/2021 10:02, tim... wrote:

"Richard" wrote in message
On 12/06/2021 09:07, tim... wrote:

the question with FS is:

do they mean a consumer of the FS product

or

the owner of a FS branded recording device

Is this app function specific to FS branded devices, or will it work
with any FS receiver?

I don't know. I am assuming that the OP is using a device which states
that it is Freesat. Which I would assume meant that it would be Freesat
branded compatible.

I wasn't referring to the OP's post

But to the information in the apps marketing information (on the website)

OK.
https://www.freesat.co.uk/help

doesn't immediately seem to resolve the issue of which boxes interact with
the app

I'm also not entirely convinced by a website that answers the question "can
I upgrade my box" with the response

Yes! throw it away and buy a new (different) one

Surely that's a "No, you cannot upgrade *your* box"