Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Should we seal new wooden doors when swollen?

"Sandra Vaughan" wrote in message
groupdirect.com...

Thank you, John. This information is very helpful. We will be using a
penetrating oil finish. I am relieved to know that we can go ahead and seal
them without waiting for dry winter weather! Our contractor wants the
indoor humidity to be below 55% for a few days before we seal the doors.
Does that sound reasonable to you?

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/woodwo...n-3124710-.htm

I'm not sure that "a few days" would make a practical difference....
However, if it makes the contractor feel more confident in the process, so
he stands behind his work, it wouldnt hurt.