Posted to alt.home.repair
Marilyn Manson Marilyn Manson is offline

Default New GE disposal - loud click when turned on?

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 9:55:59 AM UTC-4, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 9:15:07 AM UTC-4, HorseJunkie wrote:
My contractor just installed 2 disposals for me, two different brands, and both are doing the same thing. I'm thinking the install was done incorrectly.

--

Having installed a few of these, I can't imagine what an installer could do that
would make the unit put out a loud click when starting. The blades on some

First off, the InSinkErator Evolution is my go-to disposal. I've had one for years with
not a single issue and I've bought and installed a few as housewarming gifts. Never
heard one complaint - and it's mostly family, so I would know.

Second, on rare occasions, mine - when fairly empty - will throw the blades and make a click.
Well, more of a clack. Never bothered me, probably because I know what is making the noise.

Listen here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_4EK95Qedw&t=450s