Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default OT: What words or phrases annoy you?

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:45:39 -0400, micky wrote:

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:08:12 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:01:13 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
Rod Speed explained on 6/10/2021 :

That damned yankee phrase I cant think of for the moment.
Cayn't get theyah from heeyah.

I don't think he means "Yankee" the way we mean "Yankee".

He'll probably think of it at some point and enlighten us.

Cindy Hamilton

To the rest of the world, a Yankee is an American.
To Americans, a Yankee is a northerner.

For me, you can stop there. :-)

To a Northerner, a Yankee is someone from New England.
To a New Englander, a Yankee is someone from Maine.
To someone from Maine, a Yankee is someone who eats apple pie for
breakfast.