Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default string trimmers - auto-line-feed

I gave up on string trimmers several years ago- could never get the
string to feed reliably and needed to strip and rewind it onto the spool
several times per spool load. Tried varied diameters, shapes, brands,
tightnesses. All bad.

I have a half-acre .. or as my Dad would say
Hells Half Acre ..
My previous weed whacker was a cheapo B&D
that I got at an auction for ~ $ 15. bucks. -
- 2 batteries and a charger -
.. it served me well - it doesn't owe me anything.

For heavy duty / commercial / farm use - no way -
... for most residential use - light rural use -
battery powered is the way to go.
So many troubles with the occasional use
people and those tiny gas engines ...
John T.