Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default c section bowden cable outer

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:53:18 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 06/06/2021 09:45, newshound wrote:
On 06/06/2021 09:28, Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

I have a bike that has 3 lengths of exposed Bowden cable.

Id like to sheath these, but would like to avoid having to disconnect
and
reconnect the inners.

Can anyone think of a suitable (preferably black) C section thingy in
plastic / rubber / Ali that I could slip over them?

Google "split flexible conduit".

Down to 7mm diameter, eBay, £2.10 for 3 metres

Or just remove the insulation from the cores of a short length of
4 or 6 mm T&E by slitting carefully with a Stanley knife, infill
with grease then slide over/onto the exposed bits of cable.

or use

"Cable Spiral Binding" aka "Cable Tidy Wrap" aka "Spiral Wrap"

Thomas Prufer