Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Flat roof - again.

In article ,
Fredxx wrote:
He reckoned about 5 days work, assuming the base is OK. The BOM from
the architect specified marine ply, so I'm hoping that's what was
used, and is still OK. There are no signs of sagging.

This might be of interest.

https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/m...e-roof.333510/

It seems OSB grade 3 might be best. Make sure it is the right grade.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriented_strand_board

Be wary of where he gets the marine ply from. Some is certified, and
some isn't.

I'm hoping it won't need replacing. The construction of the roof - and the
rest of the conversion was done by Trevor the chippy who I loved watch
work - a true craftsman. But didn't say much. This about 30 years ago. He
sadly died young. A local roofing firm did the felt and lead work. But
they no longer exist.

It is still recommended to paint all edges with a sealer, for both OSB
and marine ply.

I didn't see all of the construction stages due to being at work.

--
*If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.