Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Halogen to be banned

On 10/06/2021 21:33, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARW
writes
On 09/06/2021 19:05, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Robin
writes
On 09/06/2021 14:06, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message ,
nightjarÂ* writes
On 09/06/2021 09:39, ss wrote:
..."Sales of halogen lightbulbs are to be banned in the UK from
September, with fluorescent lights to follow, under government
climate change plans"....

Apart from a few, rarely used, lamps that have yet to be changed,
IÂ* have long converted everything to LED.
Â*Hmm.. I have about 25 twin 5' florries in my workshop in 4
switchedÂ* banks. This may be the moment to do the LED conversion.

You have plenty of time to find 50 round tuits given they'll be
phasedÂ* out "from Sept 2023 onwards"
Â*Huh! Put up with an access tower on bare floor. Place is half full
ofÂ* fixed machinery now.
Â*Might be doable with an agile bloke from Doncaster:-)

How high?

The barn ridge is around 20'. The florries are hung from chains attached
to the purlins so 18' and progressively lower.

These are weatherproof fittings (because I had some) and a pig to work
on from a ladder. Simplest taken down and replaced with a tested
modified unit.

A professional might have something embarassing to say aboutÂ* the
rewireable fuses in a 3 phase distribution board:-)

So gable end height on a newbild then.

There is noting wrong with fuses.

--
Adam