Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android
AJL AJL is offline

Default Overcharging the battery

On 6/11/2021 3:55 AM, Joerg Lorenz wrote:
Am 10.06.21 um 22:34 schrieb AJL:

I had a phone's battery swell and pop open the case while off the
charger and at less than full charge. I just replaced the battery
and the phone never had another problem until I traded it for a new
one well over a year later. Bad batteries happen...

That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.

It was the original battery that came in a new iPhone. The phone was
around a year old when the failure occurred. I replaced it with your
well described ultra cheap (US$30 including tools)
non-device-manufacturer-standard replacement battery. Fortunately that
battery worked fine for the following year+ until the phone was finally
replaced.