Old June 11th 21, 11:55 AM posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android
Joerg Lorenz Joerg Lorenz is offline

Default Overcharging the battery

Am 10.06.21 um 22:34 schrieb AJL:
On 6/10/2021 10:04 AM, Mike Coon wrote:

In article , NONONOmisc07
@fmguy.com says...

How come my Sandisk Clip Sport says one cannot ovrcharge the
battery, but none of my smartphones have ever said that?

Conversely my smartphone (Moto G3) instructions specifically did say
that. Wrongly, though: the battery bulged and burst the screen out
of the casing.

Might not have been the charging that was at fault. I had a phone's
battery swell and pop open the case while off the charger and at less
than full charge. I just replaced the battery and the phone never had
another problem until I traded it for a new one well over a year later.
Bad batteries happen...

That sounds like an ultra cheap non-device-manufacturer-standard
replacement battery.