Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Cement broken away from corner roof tiles

On 11/06/2021 09:07, Chris J Dixon wrote:
pinnerite wrote:

I have just moved into an elderly but well-built bungalow.

The cement infill at one corner of the roof has brocken away.

Which reminds me that I need to have somebody else look at my
roof as I seem to have some cement loss from the verges, and the
odd slightly moved tile. I am not working at height myself.

I guess I will need to get some prices. I notice that there seem
to be quite a lot of plastic verge sets being fitted. Are they a
good thing, or a moneymaking scheme for questionable traders?

"Dry" verge and ridge sets seem very popular with the new house builders
these days. Presumably because they are quick and save labour and time
on site. The verge sets always look less attractive than traditional
mortared verges to my eye, but that may just be a case of familiarity.

--
Cheers,

John.