Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cement broken away from corner roof tiles

Chris J Dixon wrote:

I need to have somebody else look at my
roof as I seem to have some cement loss from the verges, and the
odd slightly moved tile. I am not working at height myself.

I've got that job too, though I've reached the point where I won't use
roof ladders, I don't mind a decent double ladder with stand-off, and my
steel midsole boots on, especially as it's above the garage roof anyway.

I guess I will need to get some prices. I notice that there seem
to be quite a lot of plastic verge sets being fitted. Are they a
good thing, or a moneymaking scheme for questionable traders?

The retrofitted ones round here look a bit ugly to me, are there any
better systems that the fly-by-nights don't use?