Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Should we seal new wooden doors when swollen?

On 6/10/2021 6:45 PM, Sandra Vaughan wrote:
Thank you, Leon.Â* Only 2 (of 10) new doors are sticking, so we will
adjust the frames for those two.

How would you propose to do that for a (presumably) finished install
with casing and all?

That's going to be a treat, methinks. How you going to grow the header
length to widen the opening evenly without gaps appearing? Or, if you
just spread the bottom, then the opening isn't square and even and the
angles of the casing are out.

Get out the smoothing plane, sharpen it up well and take a few licks off
the edge, instead.