Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Truck problem. What was wrong, and did it really get better?

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 17:13:29 -0400, wrote:

Remind me to never loan you my car.
Did you buy the right fluid for that vahicle? Using the wrong tranny
fluid can cause these problems.

I had one Dodge Caravan that had such a tranny problem, and learned a
lot about it before it finally quit working altogether.

I've known more-than-one person who actually bought a second
Dodge Caravan after having numerous transmission problems
with the first one .. and
even if the warranty or extended warranty covered the repair -
there's still the un-reliability factor ; plus the long lay-up
for repairs and multiple service / diagnosis visits ..
All for an automatic transmission - that ~ all other car makers
have managed to make - reliable if not robust.
I once considered an entry-level Dodge Journey ~ 7 years ago -
when they were on sale - decent option package ; very good price ;
nice to drive ; but I came to my senses and took a pass -
- it oozed cheapness and had 2 or 3 really annoying features
that I couldn't bring myself to overlook ..
plus a dismal resale value.
John T.

Dismal resale value works for me - means I don't have to pay much
when I buy them "experienced" with most of the bugs ironed out of them